Thursday, September 26, 2013

Why practice

    Why would anyone start a personal practice?  There is no finish line, no ticker tape or fan fare.  A personal practice is a personal commitment.  It isn't external.  No shiny cars at the end of this journey- or who knows maybe the journey will surprise us all.

  Any changes I make affect those around me.  My practice is no longer internal but connected to all I know.  If I smile instead of cry.  If I run instead of sit on the couch.  If I write instead of watch mindless TV.  These changed affect us all.  Subtle changes are still changes.

    So why would anyone want to start a personal practice?  To see what happens when you change your life.  The unknown of shifting energies and habits.  Hopefully for the better, for the spectacular for the benefit of all connected.  But you can't really know, you just do and you have faith.

    Today, I ran early with Sally, our flop eared smiling dog and walked with later a good friend.  I got up early and wrote and I'm writing tonight.  I smiled when I ran. I smiled when I drove.  I forgot to smile when I worked at my desk.

    Today is a good day.  A good practice.
        Wishing you a good night,  
                 Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment