Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Dive into the Day!

What day is today?  I don't know.  The sun is shining.  Spring is springing up everywhere.  Flowers bloom.  The air is fresh.  I just finished working with a lovely lady, a new client.  I'm sitting at a little cafe, eating a scone and drinking a cup of tea as I write.  I don't care what day this is because it doesn't matter.  I'm enjoying this day.

And maybe that is the point of the past 800 and some days.  A path is only a series of moments strung together.  If you focus on the moment- the precious, wild moment why trouble your brain over the whole path?

We don't know what is around the bend.  Life is complex and simple- forever shifting.  Last Tuesday, I was visiting my dad. It was raining cats and dogs.  Today, I'm in West Seattle and the sun is shining.  Which day was better?  Life is un-judgeable.

In 1995 I had a dream.  An actual, wake up out of my sleep dream.  It was May.  In my dream were all four of my grandparents.  At the time they were all in their 90's.  Each year as their bodies and minds were aging, they lost more and more freedoms.  The freedom of a a great memory.  The freedom of driving.  The freedom of a nimble body.  The freedom of spirit that comes from new beginnings.

In this dream, which seemed more like a message, my grandparents showed me a gift.  They showed me, if they were given one day back of their life what would they do?  As it turned out, they wouldn't have traveled the world but would take back one ordinary average day.  Maybe a day where the sun was shining and the spring flowers were blooming.  A day like today.

They would dive into that day.  Love that day.  Love who they were with.  They would play, create, fish, paint, work, watch baby calves in the back pasture kick up their hooves, and lift giant milk jugs while milking cows.  They would treasure the little moments of this one wild and precious life.

I pause in my writing to ask for a splash more soy in my tea.  The tall, cheerful barista was in between customers.  She looked up and apologized for being lost in her flash cards.  Upon inquiry, she is studying for anatomy course.  A requirement to get her masters degree.  I'm glad I asked.  Now I feel a little closer to her.  I wonder about her path and class.

I'm happy I paused today after meeting with my client.  I enjoyed every moment of my work with her.  Now I'm happy to be sitting in a cute cafe and pretending I'm a writer.  I love this moment.

Wishing you all happy moments, connected moments and moments that speak to your heart.
      Denise


No comments:

Post a Comment