Sunday, November 17, 2013

The art of Kaizen

Day #60

Today, I have taken care of myself.  We had a wonderful family gathering of 19 yesterday- an early Thanksgiving celebration.  Which by the way I highly recommend.  Not only did we have today to get our home back in order, rest and eat left overs.  We also opened up a new tradition of having an un-traditional Thanksgiving two weekends before Thanksgiving.  It feels wonderful to have gotten to enjoy a vibrant family gathering.  But  I now feel so blessed to still have a not- traditional Thanksgiving day awaiting us.  A new tradition of having a day set aside for pausing and being thankful, not rushing, cooking and cleaning like a whirlwind.

And so tonight, as I puttered around my creative room and saw a familiar quote I have had on my wall for years.  I realized, it is really the definition of my 1000 day journey.

Kaizen
An interesting Japanese concept
The art of making the smallest subtlest changes possible

Is is not about feeding our appetite for the grand gesture.
It is about producing real and lasting change:
However Small

May your days be simple but rich in Kaizen,  
                 Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment