Monday, November 4, 2013

Different Kinds of Smiles


This morning I woke up and smiled.  I thought to myself, there are thousands of different smiles.  My smile this morning was a sleepy contented smile.  This little happy smile is completely different than my new discovery smile or my unexpected surprise smile.  It seems kind of silly but the idea that I have zillions of different smiles made me happy and somehow relieved.

The key to an effective smile is two fold:  engage eyes and if at all possible emotions.  The second is not necessary but always a huge bonus.  Some days, my energy is not as strong as other days.  Depending on where I find myself a goofy, silly smile may not be appropriate.  But I'm guessing if I pause and breathe long enough I might find enough reason to smile a little smile of gratitude or even a smile of relief.  The fact is each day will give me reason to smile- to say thank you.

If I can remember to pause long enough there will be a reason.   And if the reason isn't obvious at first, then I may I remember to practice my smile and by the end of my smile pause- just maybe I will have my reason.

I wish you great joy on your journey,
       Denise

Day # 47

No comments:

Post a Comment