Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Mildfulness and the art of Wednesday

Day 174 of 1000 day journey,
    And as the rhythm of the days continue it becomes clear my journey is less about running and smiling and writing and more about being mindful, connected and present.  It seems breathing, listening and relaxing are most helpful. This morning as I make my breakfast I pause to check in with myself and ask what my body would like or need.  Less is usually more and I make myself a plate of fresh raspberries over fresh cucumbers and a cup of peppermint tea.  The raspberries are so beautiful nestled in with the spring green cucumbers, it makes me smile and I take a picture.
   Today is Wednesday.  Governed by the planet Mercury and associated with our throat Chakra.  The energy of the day is connection and communication.  Wednesdays are a good day to write, learn and communicate with others.  I would guess the sense most associated with Wednesday would be our sense of listening.  Listening to others and to ourselves.
   It helps me to have a gentle reminder and trigger to remind me to be mindful of the rhythm of the day and of my life.  As I connect with a meaning associated with a day of the week, it gives me an insight into the day and a moment to pause and connect with my own essence.
   As I get ready to move into the office for a day's work, I can take this energy and calmness into my work.  Pausing and listening as I clear my inbox and then pausing again as I work on my day's project.  Remembering that today is not a race to rush through but a day to savor and be thankful for.
   And so I wish you a kindness of your Wednesday as well.  May you breathe deeply, smile bright, eat mindfully and connect with the world around you. It looks like it is going to be sunny and beautiful outside- spring is in the air.
      Happy travels on your journey of a single day,
              Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment