Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Breathing and pondering...

#180 of a Thousand days

    Sally and I just returned from a refreshing early spring walk.  As we were walking I was pondering life, circles, snow flakes, ground hog day-the move, finger prints, days, weeks, seasons, spring, blossoms and breathing.  My mind was a blank- hahaha.

    My mind is rarely a blank.  Whose mind is blank anyway?  Why would you want a blank mind?  I like a relaxed mind, a creative, a interesting mind but blank- not so much.  Sometimes, usually at night after I meditate, my mind slows to an easy stroll.  I like my mind.  It is not for everyone and most likely another's mind would be uneasy living in my brain but I like it - it is home.

    As I ponder my journey of 1000 days, I forget to stop trying to fit my feet in another's shoes. This is a journey of my own spirit and soul.  My days will touch others, intermingling and then pausing to breathe but this journey will not be found in another's brain.  Today, there were two books that looks so interesting one on radical healing and the other on a journey to build schools.  Maybe my answers to this life are in those books?!!!

   My answers are in breath, in the flowers, in the wind.  My answers are in the questions and pauses.  As I breathe, I remember to pause. As I pause, I remember to relax.  As I relax, I remember to listen.  As I listen, I remember to smile.  As I smile, my breathe deepens, my mind comes back to present.  It is in the present, this moment this is where my journey begins and ends.

   I like my mind.  I like journeys.  I like spring.  And I like it when I remember to pause and come back to my center to find what I'm looking for.

   Wishing you all a happy early beginning to spring and a deep breath of now.
              Denise

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment