Monday, April 21, 2014

Wowed by the gift of everyday

Day 215 of 1000 days

  When you start realizing each day is truly a gift.  Something interesting starts to happen.  Each moment starts to be more valuable.  My days are feeling more like treasure hunts than a never ending treadmill of days blending into each other.  I have found the time I used to spend watching TV has almost become extinct.  Over the years, minimizing TV was often a goal.  Plans like, no more than 7 hours a week were my norm.  It was about giving up something- not adding something else.  Now I don't even think about TV I'm not even interested I'm busy living.

  As I start adding wonder and appreciation for each day, I find myself moving further and further away from things that were really just killing time.  If I'm tired I pause and sit down, or take a nap.  Sometimes I'm thirsty and that is why I'm tired, other times I'm hungry.  Filling my tired with mindless TV only further depletes my energy.  

Yesterday, I took a long nap in the afternoon.  Before my nap, I found myself wondering from project to project with no focus.  I hated to waste time by taking a nap....... After my nap, I was happier, had more energy and ended up spending most of the rest of the day outside in the yard.  The power of rest is a good healer.

My original plan on this 1000 day journey was to smile, write and run everyday.  As it turns out what I needed was to learn to listen to my inner voice, my mind, spirit, emotions and body.  I needed to learn to discover myself and discover the day as it unfolds in expected and unexpected bends and turns.

  Each day is truly a unique treasure that will never be duplicated.  At night I try to pause and think what my favorite blessings or moments of the day were. Yesterday it was:  Mowing my neighbors lawn,  making homemade chocolate( or maybe eating it was my favorite), and chatting with a friend on a morning walk.

  Maybe these feeling of gratitude and wonder are just a phase or part of the spring season but I truly hope that what I'm experiencing from this journey is how life really can be because it is amazing.

Wishing you great joy in discovering your own journey of each day!
       Denise






No comments:

Post a Comment