Thursday, July 2, 2009

Golf is a game of faith

Day 335 of 1000 day journey
It is almost 10:00pm. This sky is clear but getting dark.

My husband and I had a change in our business schedule and he asked if I would like to play a little golf this afternoon. I haven't played in almost 1 year. If you have ever played golf you know this is not necessarily a good thing. Golf and lack of playing or practicing do not always go with a good game.

Today, I set out with nothing but a desire to enjoy an absolutely beautiful afternoon playing golf with my husband. I only came to the course with a preshot routine and visualization. This evening I am thrown back at the power of relaxed visualization. I played as well if not better than I have at anytime in playing golf.

To decide you want something to happen, to focus on that result and to trust that it will happen is a practice in faith. Golf is about balance and faith. I hit the ball further, with a draw??? I chipped, putted with feel??? I decided where I wanted my golf shot to go and it went there- a lot of the time- not all the time but most. Where my elbow was or my back swing I couldn't tell you but I can tell you today my golf game was a game of faith.

Tonight I saw the power of visualization. I was relaxed, I enjoyed and I had fun but I also got a chance to see the possibilities of visualization.

Yesterday, I baked garbanzo bean cookies. This was the snack I muched on while I played. I either was given the gift of visualization or my garbanzo bean cookies have magical visualization powers. It could have been the cookies they are pretty good.

Happy travels
Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment