Sunday, June 28, 2009

A choice, not a brick upside the head

Day 331 of 1000 day journey, June 28, 2009

After many many days of thinking about what my next daily practice should be I took a chill pill. How can I learn to follow my bliss if I'm stuck in a rut?????

If one day I don't feel like doing yoga but do feel like walking on the beach, is this wrong? I realized I was trying to recreate a journey I once took. It was a fabulous, life changing journey and I wouldn't have changed it for the world. This is a different journey. This is an intentional 1000 days where I learn my own heart, learn to trust, and learn to be awake and joyful in each day. It is about loving this life I was blessed with making the most of it. So at the end of my life I can look back and smile, knowing I followed my own path and I was true to my own heart. Along the way life became more beautiful for all.

There is a zillion ways to help this journey: Meditation, relaxed-creative-visualization, yoga, baking, playing, listening, going to bed early, not eating crazy crap that makes my head spin- stuff like that.

My instincts today may not be the same in a month. Trying to narrow down a specific practice to do everyday for a year is just not going to happen. As I so calmly explained to myself, this morning, during my heart to heart conversation. "Denise no matter what you do, you will not be the same after this 1000 journey". Your life will be forever changed for two reasons: 1) 1000 days will have passed and as time moves so do you. Even if you do nothing, your life will not be the same in 1000 days. 2) You have set an intent from an event that shook you to your core. You have been thinking that day for over 4 years. Do you really think you will be the same after an intentional 1000 days of learning your own heart, following your own bliss???!!!!!!!

Ok- so you see what I was up against this am. End of daily practice discussion-for now.

I have been thinking of doing more kundalini yoga and my evening visualization. Why, because I feel lighter and happier when I'm doing these two practices. Yesterday, I had one of my edgy, grumpy, frustrated moments. I don't get these very often anymore, but when they come, they suck!!! I feel so heavy and trapped. This is just simply not acceptable. This crazy feeling is not my bliss happy but my heart sceaming for me to do something different. I choose to listen to the quiet little gentle reminders from my heart vs the the slap upside the head with a brick like I got yesterday afternoon.

Both Kundalini yoga and my relaxed, joyful visulizaton help be hear those gentle notes before the bricks are even made. I've also already seen multiple signs my relaxed joyful visualization is powerfully working for me. With this in mind, even though this is not a practice written in stone, I think I will continue just to see what happens.
Happy travels,
Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment