Friday, June 26, 2009

Listen

June 26, 2009 Day 329 of 1000 journey
This is the 6th day of summer. I'm returning from a whirlwind of traveling and family activities. As each day passes on this journey, I wonder if I'm doing enough to follow my heart and savor each day.
Today I was feeling behind, after so much travel and family time, I felt behind in business and to do lists. I started today wondering how I would ever get it all done. At the moment I find nothing is as important as writing to you.
This morning, I took a bit of time. I took a moment and I sat. I sat, I breathed, I relaxed, I smiled and I sat. It was sooo goood. I wrote. As I sat I knew I needed to add to my writing. Quite time- simple quiet. Today I needed quiet time. I needed to stop and listen. To be quiet and still.
How can I know my heart if I don't give it a chance to be heard? If my path is to find my bliss to follow my heart. I have to learn my own heart. What does it love? What does is ask for? You can't follow your heart if you don't listen. If my heart loves sunshine but if I stay inside all day will it continue to trust me? I must listen and learn my own heart.
To learn my heart, I need to listen and feel. I need to pause. My 7 essential little pauses.
To pause, to notice, to relax, to smile, to breathe, to listen and to trust.
For at least a year I've heard in my head and all around... "Listen. Everything you need you already have." Who says this? I guess I don't know but it is clearly there. As I come into balance I learn to listen and trust.
This I know today, is Friday the 26th of June. This is the most important moment of the day. Outside it is sunny and the 6th day of summer. Every ounce of my being wants to go outside. I going to do this and I will listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment