Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The power of food

Day 320, June 17, 2009

Whew!! It always amazes me how much better I feel when I eat foods that love me. The difference in my energy level and happy brain is like night and day.

Last night our dinner was bok choy,quinoa, edamame with braggs for seasoning.
For breakfast I made a egg scramble with carrots, cilantro, and mushrooms sauteed in olive oil.
AM snack dark chocolate, dried cranberries and pecans
For lunch mung beans, black rice with a bowl of frozen blueberries and black berries.

Do I always eat like this? No, but when I do I feel fabulous. When I eat lots of wheat, processed foods and dairy I get foggy brained, low energy and I can occasionally get a bit grumpy.

Of course, it is hard to imagine I could ever be grumpy- although, my nick name as a little girl was nasty. (This name was given to me by my older brothers. ) I always wondered why that name was connected to me until I got older and realized I do get grumpy when I eat certain foods. Apparently, I have been affected by food most of my life.

The good news as I learn to pay attention, I learn what foods give me good health and which ones take it away.

Is it just me??? I think we are all affected, to some degree, by the foods we eat, how much and how we eat them. What foods and how we are affected is purely personal.

As of this day the 320th of my journey I am still in awe of foods and their power. My journey into foods started long before this current journey and yet I still have to stay awake to the changes of my energy.

If you are interested if foods effect you, just pay attention to your energy directly after eating, in a couple hours, when you wake up the next morning and over the next few days. You may find some interesting discoveries.

Happy travels,
Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment