Thursday, February 11, 2016

Day # 854 Carving Time Out of the Day

Carving out Sacred Space

   As I transition in my life and career I find my greatest fear is that I will waste this precious time.  Before I know it winter will be here and I'll still be scrambling to catch up.  I've heard it said that the Universe abhors a void in space.  It does feel that way.  My schedule desperately wants to fill up.  But fill put with what?  Are these time consuming tasks part of the greater pan or merely life clutter?

   Today, I woke up with great joy.  I knew part of this day was going include time to write and explore.  Before I leave to go write, I'll just finish up a few things in the office.  At 1:30 I started to leave the house.  Instead of 1 hour of work, I ended up doing 3.5 hours.  Changes in our family schedule, turned into little extra to-do's for me.  And then conversations- although vibrant - also took a bit of time.  E-mails to check, phone calls to return, updates on brochures, companies to call on and on and on it goes.

   It is 3 pm as I write to you today.  Today felt like a test.  Denise how much do you really want to get out there and write today?  We- the forces of all creative endeavors- will put little road blocks and attention shifting detours in your path, just to see what you do.  How serious are you to take time to go somewhere and write? How serious are you to take time to play?  How serious are you to take time to discover?

    On the way here I was calculating in my head.  If I write for 30 minutes I'll still have time to get my groceries purchased, get home and go for a run with Sally- our flop eared smiler before dark.  Then we will have company and Oh did you know there was a very important meeting at City Hall tonight- don't you think you should go?

   But as I sit here and snack on my pickled beets and warm lentil patty, I know every step I took was sooo worth the trouble. I no longer feel rushed or tugged.

    So many opportunities are opening up for me.  I have many plans and hopes.  Improving my skills with a life coaching certification program.  Upping my energy work tools and practices with EmoTrance certification.  Recreating a new business.  Working for other companies as a consultant.  Training, presenting, blogging, closing up the old company and the old year....should we also remodel the house???  Of course!

    But let's get clear - crystal clear.  Giving myself sacred space to breathe, play, discover, to sit and watch the clouds go by is essential.  Recreating our income stream is essential.  And as motivating as fear can be, it should not be my guiding force.

    So maybe making it this space so I could pause, write and give myself a little TLC may not seem like much to you.  I know deep in my soul, that this - moment - was the most important thing I accomplished today.  I could have written at home today. I could have put it off.  But I'm so glad I didn't.

Day # 854- Carving time out to play

On this journey called life- I wish for you little pauses each day to play, to create, to discover and to breathe.
    Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment