Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A practice worth persuing!

Day 439

Today is today, it is not a journey. It is one day. Putting together 1000 days makes a journey. My journey is not today, all I can do today is practice enjoying this day, practice being present, being grateful, being balanced. Practicing the gift of this day.

I had been getting caught up in this journey but in reality all I can do is be in the present moment and practice making the most of this 22nd day of autumn.

Yesterday, I was asked to write a 600 word article then teach a class in January. This invitation both excited and scared me. It ungrounded me. My heart started racing, I lost myself in the future. I was distracted and unfocused the remainder of the day. I even lost a thank you letter. I think I mailed it, was it addressed and if so then to whom?!!! Last evening my mind panicked and I realized how unfocused I was.

Exciting events, unsettling events, mundain events- stuff happens everyday. My practice is learning to stay centered, grounded and connected to the present. Hopefully, this practice will give me the awareness to notice when a present appears and be awake enough to open it!!

Focusing on what will be in 661 days is silly. Focusing on this moment, in this 439th day, on the 22nd day of autumn, is a practice worth persuing!

Happy travels,
Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment